Sunday, December 6, 2015

Google Cardboard


I am a digital subscriber to the New York Times.  They announced an app for the iPhone called NYTVR.  The "VR" stands for "Virtual Reality."  You download the video from the NYTimes website on your iPhone, and then put the iPhone into this amazing assemblage of cardboard called, strangely enough, "Google Cardboard."  The device has two lenses that you look through at your phone.  You start up the video, and then while looking into the device, you can rotate your head through 360 degrees, in addition to looking up and down, and it is as if you are at the original scene.  It is an astounding thing to see! I received an email from the NY Times saying that if I went to a special website and gave them my information, they would send me Google Cardboard for free!  Be the first on your block!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only you. Happy you can receive this for free. I have no desire to try and read the NY Times on my iPhone or through a cardboard app.
Joan