Saturday, December 12, 2015

This is Starting to Look Like "Plant Week."


OK, so this seems crazy.  It is December 12, and the temperature was 66 degrees today!  Great for cycling, but I think it is weirding out the plants.  I am not sure what plants these are - maybe they are Daffodils.  But to have them emerging from the ground now seems out of whack.  Perhaps there are plant people out there who know that this will not be fatal to the plants, given that it should be getting much colder, and there is a good chance of snow.  What will happen to these plants once it gets below freezing?  I can't wait to see.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is scary to think they are sending up their shoots now and hopefully they will not be totally out of sync in the Spring. Questionable? I have mini petunias blooming now. Bunny Brocket had irises blooming the end of November and finally cut them and brought them inside. I am happy to not be shoveling snow, but this is crazy December weather.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for letting me know about other plants that are sending up their shoots in this warm weather. It is crazy!