Thursday, December 24, 2015

I Don't Know, It's Venice...



We all went for a walk today, from Liz' house over to Abbott Kinney, where all the shops are.  Then we returned by a different route, which included coming down this back street.  First we passed this building with eyes and a piece of plywood on the wall.  There was also a cross.  The eyes grabbed my attention, and it was interesting to me because it didn't appear to be finished.  Several blocks later, on the same street, I saw this completed face.  I was struck by the similarity.  When I examined the full size photographs, I could see that the artist's signature was the same.  So that solves one mystery.  The other mystery is why.  That answer just might be "Because it is Venice."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incredible eyes!! These kinds of photos are so much fun. Totally unexpected. Keep 'em coming! bsk