Thursday, January 14, 2021

Harbor at Dusk


One of the interesting things is that when I start my walk later in the day, is that I get to photograph in a different kind of light than I normally see.  This is interesting because to the eye, it was almost completely dark.  So I set my camera on the railing and cranked up the sensitivity of the camera to 3200, and shot this at 1/10th of a second with the lens set at 150mm and I took a number of exposures to make sure there was not any camera shake.  What's fascinating is that there was not even a hint of color when seen with my eyes.  It was such a surprise, and a pleasure to see the pink color in the sky and reflected in the water.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous saturation of color. The dark blue offset by the vivid pink is striking. betsey

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and reflection on the water. The trees in the background are so beautiful in the light of the sunset. What a beautiful sunset. Trace