Friday, January 15, 2021

Jitterbug


This is amazing!  I was walking pretty much in the dark on the way home when I noticed that a boat moving slowly across the harbor had made all these beautiful, smooth waves, and they were moving toward me.  I could barely see them in the dark, but I took a chance, put my camera on the railing to steady it, and then shot a series of photographs as the waves changed.  The exposure was 1/8 second wide open at 1600 ISO and I was amazed that the camera was steady.  It is just what is happening to the reflection of the lights on the waves!  When I was trying to think of what to title this I looked at all the jiggly dots of the lights on the water, and "Jitterbug" came to me.  That's the best I can do!   :-)  Please click on the image to make it larger - it is amazing!



 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange for me to see the horizontal waves and vertical lights and think of a puzzle. It is an amazing photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Jitterbug makes me feel like dancing :-) This photo is so cool! Love the sleek little waves. betsey

ken schwarz said...

This is a great example of photo that combines skill and good luck. The skill is knowing exactly how to use camera settings to achieve a desired result. And the good luck, in this case, is being at the right place at the right time during a windless evening. A very nice and interesting photo!

Ken Spencer said...

Primo: Thank you for the kind words, and for figuring it all out!