Friday, January 8, 2021

The Beauty of Flight


I went for my usual walk late this afternoon, and took a detour through the beach where we have our Tuesday coffee and donuts.  There was a tree I wanted to photograph against a clearing sky, and after I did that I continued walking in the sand.  Suddenly a group of a dozen seagulls descended from above me and several of them passed by me in flight, very close.  I couldn't believe how close this one came to me, so I quickly got off 3 shots as it passed.  I love the beauty of birds in flight - perfect, efficient, beautiful aerodynamic beings!  I didn't need a telephoto lens for this one because it was so close.  The beauty of the photograph is also enhanced because of the gray clouds above, with faint hints of blue.

 

4 comments:

Ron said...

A beautiful photo. Reminds me of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Russell would be so proud!”

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Ron! Seagulls are such beautiful birds, and so gorgeous in flight.

Anonymous said...

It's incredible to see those wings up close. Amazing structure. betsey

Anonymous said...

Perfect shot and so close up. Love it.
Joan