Wednesday, January 20, 2021

THIS. IS. NUTS!

Wow, look at all these boxes on the front porch!  I wonder what's in them?  I actually did wonder because I had just placed an order a few days ago, but what I ordered were three small things.  So I brought the boxes inside, cut the packing tape, removed all the bubble wrap, and couldn't believe my eyes at what I found!


I had ordered two small white photographic umbrellas, and an umbrella clamp.  And they put EACH piece in a separate box.  The worst offender was the longer umbrella in the picture above - THAT'S what was in the largest box.  And you mean to tell me that all THREE of these objects would not fit in the one large box?  Man, what is going on in the shipping department of B&H Photo!  This is just crazy!  And wasteful beyond imagining!


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little bazaar indeed. You can recycle the cardboard, but the bubble wrap? And the drivers of the delivery trucks wasting space in their trucks and an extra trip carrying three boxes. Well, at least you received your order in a timely fashion.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

May I offer a stock tip. With retail walk-in sales declining as more and more people order products on-line, you might want to consider investing a one or more companies that manufacture packing materials such as cardboard boxes. The WestRock Compny, for example, might be a good choice.

Anonymous said...

That is crazy! Thank goodness cardboard is recyclable. Bubble wrap can be recycled but it is limited so that's sad. Enjoy your new umbrellas...betsey