Thursday, January 28, 2021

Water Reflections


On my walk today, the tide was low.  I walk along the sidewalk which is well above the waterline.  Along the edge of the sidewalk there is installed a steel bulkhead down to the water.  After the tide is out, trickles of water come out of the bulkhead until the tide comes back in.  It may be fresh water running out because there are underground streams that have been there forever.  The funny thing is that historical photographs show that part of land that Shore Road runs on was a wetland, that had to be filled to put the road in.  Anyhow I love the shapes created in the sand as the water trickles back down to the harbor.  The trickles of water are only visible because the setting sun is reflected off the water.



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this photo! The silvery colors, the varied textures and the irregular designs in the sand make a perfect photograph!! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you! I couldn't believe my eyes when I zoomed in with my lens on this scene. Thanks!