Thursday, January 7, 2021

The Delicacy of Nature


I try and remind myself to always look for photographs of things seen up close.  I am amazed at how often I don't think to do that!  My Nikon camera has a special lens called a "Micro-Nikkor" which will photograph things at their exact size.  So a 1" wide object will fill the frame.  But I don't have a lens like that for my Canon T7i, the smaller, lightweight camera that I bring with me all the time on my walks.  So I did a really old fashioned thing I would have done when I was in high school - I bought a glass closeup lens that screws on the front of the camera's lens.  It's not very sophisticated but it works!  This is one of the remaining stalks of ornamental grasses by the front steps.  This part of the plant is called a seed head, and it is such an incredibly delicate structure on the plant.  

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple and delicate. Love the softness of this photo. betsey

Anonymous said...

A wonderful reminder to enjoy the little things in life. Simple beauty.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your thoughtful comments!