Monday, January 4, 2021

Modern Art Painting in the Back Room


Late in the afternoon on a sunny day, I saw this composition made up of things, of shadows of things, and of reflections of things!  I was sitting reading and looked over to the wall where this long thin table with metal legs sits against the wall with a green glass top on it.  On the table is a clay pitcher with a handle that I got in France years ago.  And then we are seeing the shadow of that pitcher.  And, we are seeing the shadow of a small stick with a star on it from a wooden Santa that sits on the table as well.  And because of the green glass table top, all the light on the wall below the table is green.  I keep thinking it looks like some kind of modernist painting.  I think of the work of Piet Mondrian, but his paintings are bursting with bright colors and my abstraction is not.  Oh well...

3 comments:

Ron said...

❤️

Anonymous said...

I really like this photo. Makes me want to try painting in this style...I always liked Mondrian's primary color works. betsey

Anonymous said...

very cool! jodi