Saturday, January 30, 2021

Not Quite Currier & Ives


I know that it has been really cold, but I had not thought about Scudder's Pond until I walked by it today and saw that there were people ice skating.  There were a lot of hockey players but there were some adults skating with children.  When I was growing up I could walk down to the pond at the end of our street.  I always loved ice skating.  I haven't done that in years.  Maybe it is time to buy some ice skates and join the people having fun on the ice.  The title of the blog refers to the wonderful prints of Currier & Ives which were published between 1835 and 1900, which often includes winter scenes of ponds and ice skaters.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that Scudder's Pond froze over so people can skate. I have some great memories of ice skating at the pond down the street. Thanks for the reminder :-) betsey