Monday, February 19, 2024

A Blaze of Sunlight


You all know that my favorite subject may be the Japanese Maple in the side yard, but in a really close second place is Scudder's Pond.  I walk by this place every time I take a walk and I see it in the rain and on overcast days, and in Spring and Fall and Summer, and now Winter.  And on some days, I get to see this beautiful pond in brilliant golden sunlight!  After a spate of overcast skies for a couple of weeks, what a joy to have brilliant clear skies, which gives you sunlight just like this, late in the afternoon.

 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

In addition to the warm golden hues of sunlit trees and marsh grass, the photo is greatly enhanced with reflections on the water and a pair of ducks. I am wondering, however, if my eyes are playing tricks looking at this scene? It appears, to me, that the water in the pond is lower on the right as if the camera was not quite horizontal?

Anonymous said...

Great photo of nature. The golden is so rich and blends so nice with the wheat-colored grasses. It mirrors beautifully in the water. I think I also can see a little green on the trees in the background. Beautiful scene. Trace

Anonymous said...

Scudders Pond is one of my favorites and this photo is delightful. I like the rich golden tones and the reflections on the water. Betsey