Monday, February 5, 2024

Diamonds on the Water


Yesterday I mentioned that "There were bright diamonds of light shining off of the little waves."  It was beautiful to see, so today I went back at the same time to try and capture that effect of light on the water.  I brought three lenses with me with focal lengths from 24mm which is wide-angle to 200mm which is a moderate telephoto lens.  It turns out that the telephoto was the best choice.  This is the result of that lens.  I spent about half an hour just photographing the  bright lights on the waves, like this, with the different lenses to see what would work best. You must click on this to see the starbursts on some of the bright spots

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so different from what I am used to seeing as “diamonds on the water”. Mine are always seen on a bright sunny blue sky day. This is so abstract with the bright lights on a black background. Betsey