Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Nightscape in the Garden


I have photographed The Rose Garden at night at the Vanderbilt Museum before, but from down in the garden.  So when I saw this tonight I thought it looked quite different, because of the smokestacks of the giant Long Island Lighting Company power plant in the distance.  The urn in the foreground is made from concrete, but the figure in the fountain in the distance, I think is marble.  I did the first photograph on January 17, 2024.  I think this photograph is more interesting because of the large and small sizes of some of the elements in the photograph.  If you are curious what the rose garden really looks like when it's in bloom, click here: Rose Garden

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love being able to see the smoke stacks from my beach on a clear day. Thanks for posting the photo of the rose garden from July. It is stunning and such a totally different concept than seeing this full photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a difference between the summer photo of the rose garden and your present winter night photo. Totally different view. I like seeing the urn in the foreground and the smokestacks in the background. betsey