Thursday, February 1, 2024

Fun City Week I


OK, relief for those of you tired of "Fog Week."  Today we begin "Fun City Week."  I went to the city to meet Stan and Ann and we visited three galleries to see three different photo exhibits.  More on that later.  I took the train to Penn Station then a subway down to Spring Street.  Then I walked over to the first gallery.  I was in SoHo and when I passed these two residences, on the corner of MacDougal and Prince Street I was taken by how beautiful they both were, and the crooked tree between them just added to the beauty of the photograph.  The street sign said this was part of the Sullivan Thompson Historic District, and I can see why.


A bit further on, I was crossing the street and saw this very fashionable woman coming in the opposite direction I wanted to photograph her, but didn't want to embarrass her by lifting my camera to my eye, so I "shot from the hip" as they say, just pointing the camera by instinct.  I almost got it right.  But I thought I would post the photograph anyway.  I will try harder next time to get it right. If you click on this photograph to view a larger image, you can get a sense of how nicely this woman was dressed.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These two buildings are so different from each other. Very interesting. Betsey

Anonymous said...

I love the scene. It gives a warm feel to the city. The colors fit so well together and the brick buildings with the top architecture design, the windows and fences are so pretty. The tree is a nice extra in the photo. Trace