Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Snowstorm!


We have been expecting a snowstorm the last couple of days but the question was, "How much snow will we get?"  At first the forecast was for "a dusting."  Then it changed a couple of times and the final forecast was from 4 to 8 inches.  FOUR TO EIGHT INCHES?  Look how much snow we got!  Yikes!
Well, actually, not exactly.  As a joke I am standing in the side yard on my knees and I had Kathy take this shot as a joke.  It almost looks real, right?  I fooled you!  I'm such a joker!  We got about 5 inches.


Here is a wide angle shot looking down the driveway after a couple of passes with the monster snow blower, you can see how little snow we actually got.  I did need the snow blower, because the snow was on the wet side and it would have been a lot for me to shovel.  Notice how the branches of the Japanese maple in the distance are so loaded with the wet snow that they are actually touching the ground.  I started by taking a garden rake and pushing up on each of the branches until the snow fell off and the branches sprung up to where they belong.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious!! The photo looks real. Reminds me of the Tim Conway skits portraying “Dorf” where he is only about 3 feet tall. Great job doing the same! Betsey