Thursday, September 30, 2021

Aloe


This Aloe plant has been sitting on our kitchen windowsill for I don't know how many years.  Twenty or thirty years perhaps.  I forget when I got it, but I purchased it because I heard of its healing powers for burns, so the kitchen is the best place to keep it.  It doesn't have any truncated limbs, so no one has gotten burned recently.  But when we do suffer a burn, this stuff is magic.  This photograph could be better, but not photographed where it is.  There are reflections in the window glass, and even though I tried to make the house next door so out-of-focus that the white window trim would blur, you can still see the business of the background.  Next time I will put it somewhere else and light it the way I want, on a plain background.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way that the image of the Aloe plant is reflected in the window and everything else is blurred out. betsey

Anonymous said...

It is a cool photo with the double images. Glad that you have not been burned cooking lately. Betsey gave me a plant but it did not survive in my condo as I do not have the sunlight that it needs.
Joan