Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The Farm Pond


This is the pond on the Great Meadow Hills Farm.  After walking by some barns, and over to a fence, you can look down on this pond.  I climbed over a wood fence and walked down the sloping ground to be closer to the rock in the foreground.  What caught my eye, after the beautiful green grasses and the pond reflecting the blue of the sky, were the dead trees in the background.  I think it is swampy back there and at some point the trees died off, who knows how long ago.  But I thought this made for an interesting and very subtle landscape.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photo makes me think of lazy summer days when kids would have been jumping off that makeshift dock and swimming in the pond. betsey

Anonymous said...

Looks so pretty and peaceful. I like the red birdhouse in the photo too. Trace