Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The Japanese Maple at Night


I went out to make sure the car was locked late last night.  It was dark, but my eyes gradually adjusted to the light, and I noticed there was a faint light on the Japanese maple tree.  The light was coming from a street light about 80 feet away.  So I thought I would try a time exposure and see if I could get a good image. I got a tripod and put the new SONY a7 camera on it and set it on manual and carefully focused the image, and just tried an ISO of 1600 and a 30 second exposure at f/4.  Perfect!  I did two exposures and I got it!  You will notice that it looks like daylight because between the branches at the top, you can see blue sky and white clouds. That's what a long exposure can do - make things look like daylight.

 

No comments: