Sunday, September 5, 2021

The Mysterious Moving Umbrella


I saw this umbrella on the sand, all by itself near the breakwater at Tappan Beach.  I wondered why it was there because there was no one sitting under it.  The wind was really blowing at the time, and then I started to wonder how the umbrella got there.  Then I saw the two tracks in the sand.  This umbrella must have been blown there by the wind!  Somehow it ended up rightside up at some point and was blown up the beach.  I walked down to the power plant and on the way back looked at the umbrella again and it was right up against the rocks.  Mystery solved!



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colorful umbrella against the dark rocks an beach. Hope the owner is able to retrieve it soon.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. I, too, like the colors of the umbrella against the rocks. The umbrella looks so small compared to the rocks and the beach. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you to you both. It is such an interesting contrast, and it caught my eye right away.