Friday, September 10, 2021

"An N.C. Wyeth Sky..." He Said...


We drove from Sea Cliff up to Rehoboth, Massachusetts to see our friends Dick & Trauti.  I have known Dick since 1965 when we both started at the Rochester Times-Union newspaper.  I was returning from my 6 months active duty in the Air Force Reserve, and Dick had just gotten out of the Army where he served in Germany.  We hit it off and we have been good friends now for about 56 years.  Dick and I are both photographers, and Kathy and Trauti are both therapists so we have much in common.  After we crossed the Rhode Island line, I started seeing these cumulus clouds and I thought they looked like clouds I have seen in paintings.  When I showed this photograph to Dick, he said "N.C. Wyeth clouds!"   N.C. Wyeth was an American artist and illustrator, and he is the father of Andrew Wyeth and the grandfather of Jamie Wyeth, both well-known American painters.

 

No comments: