Friday, September 24, 2021

I Think the Lawn Looks Nice, Don't You?


I decided to fly my drone a few weeks ago, just to fly it for fun, and to look around with it.  While I was doing that, I decided to look straight down just after takeoff, to see how the lawn is coming.  It is NOT coming well at all!  There is something terribly wrong with the soil in our side yard.  We have suffered flooding from some houses up behind us, and perhaps that water has brought with it some chemicals that were applied to those yards, Who knows.  I have cultivated bare areas, and added topsoil and fertilizer and grass seed, and it hardly shows.  You can see the pilot in the lower right center, and the cardboard near the middle of the photo is where the drone takes off and lands, if you are curious.



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been trying to improve your lawn for years and I am sorry it is not thriving. Never thought about run off from high on the hill before. Love the photo and glad you pointed out the pilot. That is one big piece of cardboard landing strip.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love the beautiful garden. The lawn looks okay, maybe a bit dry. I always thought I would rather have a lawn that looks a little spotty as opposed to putting gallons of chemicals on it to make it green. It's a great photo from above. Trace

Anonymous said...

I think you need a nice horseshoe pit! That will cover up some dry spots and give you a great "play" area!! betsey