Saturday, September 11, 2021

Trauti's Garden Fence

                              

Dick and Trauti built a beautiful garden right in front of their house.  In 1972 Dick started building a picket fence around the garden and finished it in about 1974. I have photographs of visiting them back then and we all posed in front of the fence, which was beautiful.  Much time has passed since then, and there is only one stretch of the fence left, made more beautiful from the lichen growing on the remaining pickets.  You know me and how much I love to photograph old things, and this shot is a favorite.  I will post some more photographs of the garden in the coming days ,so stay tuned.  Some of those photographs will actually be of living things!  Please click on this photo to see the image in more detail.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standing the test of time. It is a cool photo, but sad that time is coming to an end after almost 50 years. I look forward to seeing more photos.
Joan

Anonymous said...

It's sad that the fence has not withstood weather and time :-( I like the lichen on the posts. betsey