Sunday, September 19, 2021

Moonrise, in a Strange World


This is a "straight" photograph, not some kind of photo-composition.  I went over to Port Washington tonight after dinner because I had calculated the time and direction of moon rise.  I did have to drive onto private property, into the Beacon Hill Colony where I parked near some boats on trailers, and then I set up my tripod at the edge of the road where I had this view.  Many of you will, however, have recognized that I used my modified SONY camera to shoot this in infrared.  I also shot the photograph with a normal camera, and I will post that eventually.  I just thought this was pretty interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks eerie to me. I will be interested to see the other photos.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Wow! This made me think of photos from the Dust Bowl era where everything is "grayed" or "whited" out. betsey