Sunday, December 5, 2021

Catching Up V


I still have a lot of photographs that I took when Liz was here, that I haven't posted.  This is another photograph from the little gem of a preserve called the Louis C. Clark Sanctuary.  I have shown you one photograph already of the two large clumps of trees that were next to one another and that suffered a blowdown.  This is something more delicate but so colorful, with the leaves changing to both red and yellow.  I have no idea what kind of tree it is - at first I thought it might be a maple tree, but this trunk is so smooth.  But this tree stuck out among all the others because of it's beautiful colors.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. Nice muted autumn colors. The leaves look like a maple tree...betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks so much for that Betsey. I just wasn't sure.