Sunday, December 26, 2021

Vivian's Bedtime Serenade


When it is time for Vivian to go to bed, depending on where she is, she gets a bedtime serenade.  If Liz happens to be around, as in this photograph, she plays her Ukulele, and whoever is around gathers to serenade Vivian.  The song goes like this: "Good night Vivie, Good night Vivie, I wish you sweet dreams tonight."  Then the next verse may go: "Good night Nana, good night Nana, I wish you sweet dreams tonight,", and it continues around the room naming everyone who is singing to her.  It is a lovely and beautiful moment in our day to be part of this.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and I can hear their lovely voices signing. :-) I love the antique bed too.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea to have a bedtime serenade. Especially, with all the beautiful singing voices. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for the nice comments. It is always wonderful for me to check the blog in the morning and find your comments, and I really appreciate how faithful you are to your brother and the blog!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet photo and sweet bonding at bedtime! Vivian is adorable! I've never seen a resemblance before, but Amy looks like my mom in this photo. Trace