Friday, January 7, 2022

A Bit of Snow


I hadn't been paying attention to the weather forecasts, so I was surprised to wake up this morning and find snow on the ground.  I though that maybe it was just a dusting of a couple of inches.  What a surprise to find out we got about 7 inches of snow!  When I went outside to get the newspaper, it was overcast, and so I shot this photograph of our famous tree.


An hour or so later when I went out to fire up the snow blower, the sun was in and out of the clouds, and there was sunlight on the tree and some blue sky behind it.  What a difference an hour makes.  It took  about 45 minutes to do our driveway and the walkway in the back.  Then I went over to the house next door, and a neighbor with a snowblower and I cleaned her driveway.  It was an easy snowfall.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of this famous tree. I was happy to see the sun come out, but I think it made the snow heavier. I am glad you and a neighbor could help another neighbor.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I was dreading going out to clean off the snow but when the sun came out, it made all the difference - just like your second photo. betsey