Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Criss Cross


Tuesday is still Dunkin' Donuts day at the beach for us, even though I don't photograph there each week.  But while sitting in the car enjoying my coffee and donut, I saw this strange pattern of one drift fence seen through another drift fence. It may be what is called a "moire pattern."  "A moiré pattern, in physics is the geometrical design that results when a set of straight or curved lines is superposed onto another set." Anyhow, this was dizzying to look at and I thought it was worth a photograph.  Click on the photograph, it will get larger, and mess with your eyes!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It hurts my eyes, but glad you are still enjoying DD days in the sun.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This "moire pattern" does mess with my eyes! But it's still a cool photo. betsey