Sunday, January 16, 2022

This Isn't Currier and Ives


I know, I know, this is not Currier and Ives!  I was surprised when I walked by the pond today on my walk, that the ice was thick enough for skaters.  I am not sure how the people on the ice knew they could take a chance on skating.  I wonder if someone drilled a hole to check the thickness of the ice.  Anyhow I spent some time trying to fine a nice photograph, but skaters were scattered everywhere, and this was the best I could do.  It would be so much better if the pond and the skaters were illuminated by a late afternoon sun, to give a golden color to the scene.  No such luck.  So this is all you get!  Not my best.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that these kids are able to get our and skate. We went skating every afternoon after school at Nigs Pond and sometimes behind City Hall, which took a little longer for the river to freeze. With the change in climate, I rarely see pond freeze. I did not realize you had a pond near you. Happy for these kids and fun photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

It's great to see these kids outside skating and playing hockey. I learned to ice skate at Nigs Pond when I was little. Good memories. This doesn't have to be Currier & Ives - it's everyday life around us!! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

"Everyday life" Wow, thanks for that! I have actually been thinking about buying a pair of properly fitting figure skates so that when the pond freezes I can go ice skating.