Thursday, January 27, 2022

A Different Time of Day


I have walked this mile of harbor shoreline more times than I can count.  And I have photographed this shoreline every step of the way.  But this is a different time of day for me.  And I have my new Sony a7 III which is really great for low light situations like this.  It was an accident that I was out this late but I found some different photographs as a result.  You have already seen my street corner in the dark which you saw first.  I do love the feeling of the night coming on in this photograph.

 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

When I saw today's photo, I immediately thought of the painter Edward Hopper because of the way he uses light. Then I thought, you should stroll into the village at this time of day during one of your long walks and see if there is a store front that has some interesting lighting effect such as neon lights. Anyway, today's blog photo got me to thinking about how important lighting is to photos and paintings!

Anonymous said...

Calm and peaceful. It looks like a quiet time of day. I love the water and lights on both sides of the bay. Very nice photo. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Primo! Brilliant Idea! I will wait until the snowstorm is over and then wander Sea Cliff Avenue, and try and find a "Hopper-like" photo. Actually I did find exactly that some years ago. It is on the blog but I am not sure how to find it, but I will look! But I will STILL try and find a different version in a new photo! Thanks!