Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Silver Gray Reflections

                             

The day before I took that photograph of the spectacular sunset, I went for my usual walk along the harbor.  When I got to the bottom of our street I saw the tide was out and I walked down on to the tidal flats.  There were some beautiful silver gray clouds that formed an overcast, and below them were some lower scattered clouds that were darker because we are seeing them against lighter clouds.  I was looking for a good angle when I noticed a large tide pool, and thought that if I could get the water to reflect the sky, it would make a more interesting photograph.  Here it is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful scene. The gray color and the still or gently rippling water are so calming. It's a quiet, still photo but the birds are a sign of life. Very nice photo! Trace

ken schwarz said...

On reflection, it is satisfying seeing a potential photo opportunity but finding the best vantage point before releasing the shutter might require a little effort!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a perfectly composed photo. Love the soft subtle colors. betsey