Monday, January 31, 2022

Evidence


I was on the way to the bank late in the afternoon today, and saw this when I got to the harbor.  So I parked the car, and got my camera and headed over the the railing.  I only had my little Sony Rx II with me which was difficult because the sun was shining in my eyes when I was looking on the back of the camera, because it doesn't have a look-through viewfinder.  So I thought I was framing things correctly but I couldn't be sure.  So here is my best shot, but of course I try other views and different compositions as well.


I really liked this image, showing the long, thin icicles as the sunlight was melting the ice, but then it apparently was re-freezing.  It is an interesting photograph because it is not clear what the subject is exactly, but it makes for a nice second shot, not as the main shot.  This ice accumulation happened because the temperatures were so cold - 11 degrees at night, with the wind blowing the spray from the waves in the harbor blowing up on the railing and the chain.  Oh, "Evidence?"  Evidence that it has been really cold here!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting photo the way the ice has shaped off the poles or chains into so many angles.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The bottom photo looks like a dinosaur skeleton! Very cool shapes. Looks SO cold.betsey