Saturday, January 8, 2022

The New Lens


I bought a new lens for my SONY a7 camera!  When I bought the original camera it came without a lens.  A good friend of mind sold me her 24 - 70mm lens because she had bought a better lens - a 24 - 105mm lens which has a much wider range of focal lengths.  So my combination of  the 24-70mm was nice and I took a lot of photographs with that combination.  But I was thinking I needed a range of longer focal lengths for some of the kinds of photographs that I take.  So my friend Grace loaned me her 70 - 200mm lens to use for a while to see how I liked that focal length.  After about a month and a half I was hooked on the 70 - 200mm.  It was the perfect second lens for me!  So now I own this lens - the tall white lens on the right!


Just in case anyone is curious what these numbers mean, when referring to the lenses, here is what the 24mm focal length lens can show.  It is a fairly wide, wide angle lens, and takes in a lot of the landscape.


This is the 70mm setting of the 24 - 70mm zoom lens and you can see quite a lot more detail in things in the distance when you are zoomed out to 70mm. It brings things in the distance a lot closer, and it is a great portrait lens.


And this is the 70 - 200mm lens zoomed out to 200mm.  Quite a difference from the 24mm wide-angle lens.  It does a great job of bringing objects in the distance much closer in their appearance.  It is a great lens for wildlife, boats and aircraft, among other things.  So now I am all set to take all kinds of interesting photographs with this new lens!  Stay tuned! 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that your friend, Grace, allowed you to borrow her lens so you could try it out. Thanks for sharing the photos with the different lens to show the amazing difference.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Oooooh - a new "toy"! Thank you for showing 3 different photos to show us the difference between settings. We are getting new views already. betsey