Monday, February 7, 2022

Aerial Photograph


When we went to the beach for coffee, the drift fences had done their job after the last snow storm.  There was snow on the back side of the fence, where it should be.  What was interesting were the patterns of the blown snow, with some of the snow mixed with sand that had been blown as well.  I got out of the car to do a wide-angle photograph of the fence and the drifts.  Kathy got out as well, and she was looking down at the snow drifts.  So I walked up to where she was and started looking closer at what she was seeing.  I was amazed!  I found a number of photographs of the patterns of snow and sand that looked as if I had photographed them from an airplane!


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are cool photos and the second one does look like it was taken from an airplane.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks so much for your comment! It is amazing sometimes that I can photograph things from an airplane, or from the ground, and there is no way to judge the scale of them - are they large or small, or were they done through a microscope?

Anonymous said...

I have always loved your aerial photos. Both these photos are so cool; especially the second one. I like the wavy pattern and the contrast between the snow and the sand. betsey