Thursday, February 24, 2022

Train Time


I named this photo "Train Time" because it has trains in it.  But "Train Time" came to mind because it is one of my favorite tracks from the group Cream's "Wheels of Fire" album, which, of course has nothing to do with this photograph.  This is the Jamaica train station of the Long Island Railroad.  I was on the train from Penn Station and I have to transfer from the New York train to the Oyster Bay train, which is the one that goes to Sea Cliff.  You take the escalator from one platform, then walk across an elevated walkway to the escalator that goes down to the other train.  The setting sun was shining to the west, and people were going down the escalator.  I waited until they got to the bottom so they didn't block the scene.  A late winter afternoon at the train station.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is so much going on in this photo but I'm drawn to the mismatched windows and the bright sun streaming in. betsey