Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Kiss of Death


The kiss of death.  The orange "X" on the tree.  Actually there are orange "X's" on two of my favorite Sycamore trees down at the harbor.  You will be surprised when you see the trees that are my favorites.


It's these two trees.  Clearly they are in bad shape and the one on the right is almost completely dead.  This has happened to a number of these beautiful Sycamores which run along the shore for almost half a mile!  So why would these half-dead and twisted be my favorites?  Because they make far more interesting foregrounds for my photographs of the Moon and the planets than a normal tree would.  So I will be sorry to see these two trees go, but they have been planting new trees to replace the trees which have died, and new trees will replace these.  But I, for one, will miss them.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a blessing that you have been photographing these Sycamore trees for years - they will never be completely gone because you will have their images. There have certainly been some beauties! betsey