Thursday, February 10, 2022

Monoliths


I went to Fun City today to go to the Museum of Modern Art and see some of the exhibitions with my friend Stan. I took the subway to Rockefeller Center and then walked up Sixth Avenue to 53rd Street  where the Museum of Modern Art is.  I haven't walked up Sixth Avenue in a bunch of years.  I was stunned to see how there is a wall of skyscrapers that are just rectangular buildings with no particular architectural interest at all.  They are just monoliths.  Not interesting at all.


Here is a view of Sixth avenue showing building after building along Sixth avenue, looking south.  I have spent so much time in this area when I was working, but I just don't remember this wall of buildings.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems a shame that the buildings all look the same instead of having some unique character :-( Will be interested in seeing photos from the Museum of Modern Art. betsey