Saturday, February 12, 2022

Bright and Sunny


This is not a single painting, it is a collection of two dimensional paintings arranged on the wall and on a carpet on the floor.  When I came into this gallery I was stunned by how bright and sunny this all felt.  I could feel my spirits lifted!  The piece is called "Still Life #57" by Tom Wesselmann, and is considered "Pop Art."  The text on the wall says: "Like most still lifes, this one presents a number of ordinary domestic objects -- including an orange, a bouquet of flowers, a light switch, a radio and a tablecloth.  The artist spent three years developing this monumental work."  What do you think of this?

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bright sunny colors! Definitely needed during the winter. I cannot imagine this project taking 3 years. Yikes! betsey