Saturday, February 26, 2022

Night Train


There is a fairly famous photograph from a well known photographer in Maine.  It shows a steam engine at night, stopped at a small station during a snowstorm.  That photograph has always stayed with me and I have always hoped to take some kind of photograph here on Long Island, with a night train at this station.  I haven't gotten that picture yet.  And this isn't that picture.  But I do like the feeling of this photograph, taken right after the train I came in on left the station.  It would have been better if it was raining or snowing, of course.  I do like the mood of this photograph, though.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there is something quaint, historic and old fashioned about a town railroad station. I love the lighting in the photo and the way the tracks go into the distance. Trace

Anonymous said...

I like the feeling and mood that your photo creates. It's the golden bronze tones and the deep blue sky Looks like it could have been taken years ago. betsey