Friday, August 5, 2022

A Morning Walk


The Bed & Breakfast I have stayed in for the last 10 years or so was sold, and not open last year.  But this year it opened under new owners.  They have done a lot of work on the historic farm house and the grounds as well.  So I spent time looking for photographs on the property and in the house.  I snapped a few things on the afternoon I arrived, but nothing that I liked enough. But on the second morning I met this couple at breakfast and we chatted.  I went to my room and gathered my stuff to take with me.  When I came out to my car, the couple was in the restored garden, and I thought everything was perfect as they stood in the garden and then looked around.


And then, to add frosting to the cake, after we chatted, they headed down this path the owner had mowed through the field, that led to a small pond in the distance.  Of course I never know where the couple in this scene should be for the best photograph, so I stood here with my zoom lens photographed them as they moved along the path.  I thought this was the best image, because it made the photo more about the scene.  When I took photos when they were closer to the camera, the picture was about them.  I like this version best.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely place to take a walk - so green and lush. betsey

Anonymous said...

I love the beautiful field and I like the idea of the path to the pond. What a great way to start the morning. Trace

Anonymous said...

Strolling down the path to a pond looks so inviting.
Joan