Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Night Comes On


I was driving out to the Vanderbilt Museum & Planetarium for an observing session, and I was ahead of schedule.  A friend of mine sent an email saying she wanted to get out to the grounds of the museum to shoot the sunset.  So believe it or not, I drove right by this scene!  Duh!  Then I remembered Grace saying she wanted to shoot the sunset, and so I thought "if she wants to shoot it, I should want to shoot it!"  So I did a U-turn and went back and made this photograph from Cold Spring Harbor at the boat launch ramp, and then continued on my way.  When she arrived at the Planetarium, the sun had been long set, so she never got her photograph.  But I did, thanks to her!  I guess I was not tuned into sunsets last night until I read her suggestion.  I will take help whenever I can get it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never too old to learn something new...Nice photo. Looks so peaceful. betsey