Friday, August 12, 2022

Gift From a Neighbor


Our new neighbors are away for a bit, and today the wife's uncle stopped by to water the plants.  I always enjoy talking to him about everything and we had a nice chat.  I was outside working and 5 minutes later he came back carrying two cucumbers and the sweet peppers, he called them.  Then after handing me those things, he asked if I wanted some Basil.  I said "Sure, we could make pesto!" and so he bent over and started pulling leaves off the plants at his feet.  I thought that was such a nice thing to do!  A gift from a neighbor! So Kathy will make pesto tomorrow, and I will buy a baguette to slather it on. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice of him to share garden fresh vegetables. Those look like hot peppers to me. Hope they really are sweet frying peppers.
Joan

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of the uncle to share the vegetables; especially while your neighbors are away so they don't go bad. betsey