Wednesday, August 3, 2022

The Photographer


So here's an amazing story.  This is Frankie, a photographer from Brooklyn.  She is not an astronomer, she is a professional photographer.  And she got to Stellafane in such an unusual way.  Because she is a photographer she became interested in lenses and optics.  And I am not exactly sure what happened after that, but because Stellafane is about telescopes and optics, she ended up here!  I saw her photographing the front end of a telescope with a medium format digital camera, which is a serious piece of equipment, and what was even more amazing was that she had this portable studio flash unit on a light stand as well!  Nobody does that!  So that's why I started talking to her and learned her story. So I asked if I could take her photograph and she said "sure!"  I hope I get to see some of the photographs she did while there.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me smile this morning thinking of you meeting more new and interesting people on your journey and visit to Stellafane.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This is great! Another new person. Another story. I love that you chat with anyone/everyone. Though the years you have ended up up with many new friends. betsey