Sunday, August 28, 2022

What Landscape is This?


What is this landscape?  A clue?  It has something to do with the photographs I showed you yesterday.  What a strange landscape.  What do you think it is made of.  Any guesses?  Give up?  OK, this is made out of metal.  It is aluminum foil.  It is a piece of aluminum foil that I crunched up into a ball to make it wrinkled, and then I pulled it apart and smoothed it out, and then I used a spray glue to fasten the wrinkled foil to a piece of foam core.  Now I have the device I need.  It is a photographic reflector which I use to lighten up the shadows in the photograph of the Nikkor lens.  But what I like about this is that when I looked at the surface of this with my camera and saw this in the viewfinder I thought it looked like some kind of strange landscape.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually guessed that it was crinkled flattened aluminum foil before I read your post. Bu I really like that you created your reflector out of ordinary things! betsey