Thursday, August 11, 2022

Fun in Fun City


I went to Manhattan today to see an exhibit at the International Center of Photography with Stan.  This is the first time we have gone to the new ICP since it opened two years ago.  We both arrived at the same subway stop and then walked to the museum.  Along the way we saw so much graffiti spray painted on buildings we couldn't believe it!  ICP is one of the new buildings that is part of the Essex Crossing Development, so perhaps these buildings are not in use, awaiting redevelopment. But I haven't seen this much graffiti since the 1970's.  So I walked to the curb and composed a photograph of the wall, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw this man dressed in bright orange approaching from my right.  I paused half a second and when he walked into the frame I pressed the shutter release!  He couldn't have been wearing any better color than this!
 

4 comments:

Mike Ross said...

Be careful in the city now. It's not just the graffiti. The natives are running wild. They have nothing to fear - get arrested for a crime, you are out on no bail in hours - that's only if you get caught and they choose to prosecute you in the first place. Pretend it's the 1970's again because it is.

Anonymous said...

Perfect addition to pop into your photo!
Joan

Anonymous said...

The color of his outfit definitely makes the photo. Trace

Anonymous said...

The red outfit really makes this photo! Some of the graffiti is cool but not all! betsey