Sunday, August 21, 2022

Dinner With Friends


My apologies for going to bed last night without posting on the blog!  I promise it won't happen again!
So this is a photograph from our most recent "dinner with friends," in a restaurant in Manhattan.  All of us in attendance are photographers of the night sky, and some are landscape photographers, and some love to do portrait photography.  So the conversations are always stimulating and wonderful and varied in subject matter.


Because I wasn't in the first photo, I am taking the liberty of including this second photo.  I always bring my camera, and a small tripod which I set up on a nearby table, and then a wireless remote to trigger the camera.  What makes this photo strange is that it was the best place to crowd together out of the way of other diners.  It is the entrance way to the rest room!  But we all fit, so it worked for a nice background.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see this posted. I was worried this morning and hoping that you were out star gazing late and that you and Kathy were well. :-)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Sorry for worrying so many people by not posting. I went out to the North Fork to do some observing. It was a really good night and I didn't head home until 1:30 AM and it takes an hour and a half to get home. So at 3 AM I was way too tired to do my blog post.

Anonymous said...

I figured that you were out late taking night sky photography...but 3 am is really late! Nice to see photos of Stan and the group. betsey