Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Amazing Sight!


So I was driving through Garden City after my first assignment today, thinking, geeze, I need to find a blog shot today. No more LA stuff for a while. I happened to look out the rider's side winddow and was stunned at what I saw! This is the Cathedral of the Incarnation. I couldn't believe all the scaffolding! I immediately thought that it looked just like the Statue of Liberty did back in 1984 when they were refurbishing her. That was an amazing sight, and this one was too! The steeple is 200 feet high, and it has a ten foot tall cross on top, and the scaffolding is even taller than that! After spending about half an hour walking all around the building to find the best view, I picked this shot. I called the Cathedral to ask why the scaffolding was there, and found out they have removed the spire on the steeple, to reinforce it, and then they will be putting it back. This is a larger than normal file size, so please click on the image to see more detail in it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, you really get detail when you blow it up! That's cool. What a job... Oh, and I like your reporter skills at work, digging up the whole story for us. Thanks. :)