Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Dog Ate My Homework


That's my excuse. The dog ate my homework. The real reason I forgot to post last night was that I got working on some project, and lost track of time, and then it was really late and I was tired, and went to bed, forgetting all my loyal readers! Sorry for forgetting you! This is a photograph of a lamp in a house I photographed the other day. An amazing lamp. It is made from common 1/2" copper tubing which is bent, and then distressed, and then the surface is treated to make it dark, with hints of blue. The lampshades are 1/4" rough glass which is then heated and bent to form these lampshades. It is a stunning piece of sculpture. It is not for every home, but it works really well in the home that it lives in.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I don't mind -- it's still this afternoon for me and a new photo by the time I checked. Wait, when you get a dog? :)