Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lunch Date


OK, so this isn't one of my greatest photographs. I guess it is more about social commentary. I was in Starbucks again today (My second home...) and this couple came and sat down in the stuffed chairs next to me. They put their coffee and sandwiches down, and the man's phone rang and he answered it and started talking. With that, the woman got her cellphone out and she started a conversation, and started eating as well! It was just so strange, I thought. This is only a grab shot, taken by pointing the camera while holding it in my lap. Right, as if you can't tell! :-)
Oh, after about 15 minutes or so, they both put their phones away, and spent the rest of their lunch talking to one another. I promise to post a real photo tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this shot cuz it is a social commentary. the point and shoot image gives it a sort of real life character and movement, which adds to the foto.

Anonymous said...

This is what you get when you go to Starbucks. You will probably meet more interesting people at the Sea Cliff Coffee Company.
Any more CA shots ??

Amy said...

Wow, talk about a slice of life. We see this every day, don't we. Couples sitting with each other, but not being with each other. It's so easy to tune out and into things that aren't in front of us, in "real" time. Where has technology taken us? Oh wait...to making blogs. On second thought, technology is fun! :)