Thursday, January 3, 2008

What I Am Up To


Wouldn't it be nice if I could tell you what I am up to with my photography. When I was a student at RIT back in the 60's, I remember Ralph Hattersley saying "Never ask photographers what they are up to, because they haven't the slightest idea!" That is certainly true for me. I respond emotionally to things I see, and am incapable of coming up with an intellectual reason for my photographs. So it is with this one. Something about the chair and mirror, which was intentionally placed here by the owner of the house. I don't have a clue why I liked this, but I certainly did. Perhaps someone out there can tell me why the image is interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the simplest reason may work: it is different. a mirror offers another view, wherever it is placed, just as a photographer often gives us a new perspective.